Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Idol Rant 4.23.08


The Best

David Cook - "Music of the Night"
THE BEST OF THE NIGHT. Period.

The Worst
Brooke White - "You Must Love Me"
This is my favorite song from any musical. Madonna's performance of this at the 1997 Oscars was heartbreaking. Brooke's performance also broke my heart but for completely different reasons. While I agree with Simon that she had to restart given that she forgot the words, forgetting the words is just not allowed in the Idol world. You can not break the golden rule. This song was also too powerful for her. I think that Brooke is one of the 3 most talented people left on the show and I am afraid that this may have been the swan song for her. Hopefully, if she does get the boot, she will still be able to find a career in the music business. I would certainly love the opportunity to purchase her music.

The Rest

Lizard Lips - "Think of Me"
You could actually see the little wheels turning in his brain while he concentrated on keeping his eyes open and not licking his lips. For a contest that the powers that be obviously want to win, they sure don't bother to give him a lot of face time on the camera while he is performing. Yet again tonight the camera spent a lot of time swooping around the orchestra and the audience. As usual the Archuletar wheezed his way through to praise from the judges and teenage girls everywhere.

Syesha Mercado - "One Rock & Roll Too Many"
Not to get too Paula on you but she looked much better tonight. I prefer the slicked down hair. She showed more personality than we are used to (which is none) but I still thought she was over the top. The judges thought that this was the perfect theme for her. Maybe I will get lucky and she will go ahead off to the lights of Broadway this week and spare Brooke.

Carly Smithson - "Jesus Chris Superstar"
Carly also decided to bring the personality this week and it almost worked. She would have been much better if she had not resorted to screaming in the middle of the song. Although, I am really starting to think that she can not help herself. It is just something that she must do. Overall, I enjoyed her performance more than I usually do.

Jason Castro - "Memory"
When I read on TMZ before the show that he would be performing this song it gave me the cold chills. I could feel the disaster coming. The hot mess that I expected did not arrive. This was an okay performance. There were some rough parts but he held it together. He could have been better if he had stuck to what he knows and brought out his guitar. :)

Should Go
Brooke or Syesha

Will Go
Brooke I don't think that she will be able to make it through singing herself off to "You Must Love Me". I don't think that I will be able to make it through either.

Dial Idol Predictions
Safe: The only person they have marked safe is David Cook.
Bottom 3: Jason, Brooke and Carly (the lowest number of votes according to their
system).

No comments:

Post a Comment