Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Season 11 - Top 7 Again (Now and Then)

NOW

Hollie - "Rolling in the Deep" (Adele):  Redemption for Hollie this week.  After the undeserved bloodbath from the judges last week, she came back swinging with strong vocals and a much more comfortable stage presence.  I am still not sure about the wardrobe though.  Who is helping these girls dress?

Colton - "Bad Romance" (Lady Gaga):   I am not sure about the rearrangement of the song and there were not really any dynamics to it.  I know that it was supposed to be "risky" since he took on a song from a female performer but it ended up coming across as safe.  It doesn't matter though because he will keep on cruising through the competition.   Have I mentioned yet that his lack of a top lip is annoying me?

Elise - "No One" (Alicia Keys):  Solid vocals on this one.  Like Randy, I was glad that she didn't feel the need to run all over the song like she usually does.  The wind machine went from looking cool to being overkill but I don't blame her for that.  Why did Ryan feel the need to try to make her, and me, cry about her dog?

P Squared - "U Got It Bad" (Usher):  I got it bad for Phil.  I am a full fledged, unashamed member of the P2 fan club.  He is making a mini career out of taking songs from artists that I don't like and making those songs enjoyable for me.  I will be downloading this one, for sure.  Leesburg, GA has another hot one, y'all.

Jessica - "Fallin'" (Alicia Keys):  What in the world was that thing around her neck?  I was so distracted by her necklace that she had already sung four lines of the song before I even noticed that she was singing.  Once again, she sang well but I still don't fell a connection to her when she sings for some reason.

Skylar - "Born This Way" (Lady Gaga):  Miss Skylar put the Mississippi stank on Lady Gaga.  Awesome!  :)

Joshua - "I Believe: (Fantasia):  I love Joshua and he is a phenomenal singer.  No one performs this on like Fantasia, who felt every song all the way down to her toes, but Joshua gave a great emotional performance tonight.

THEN

Hollie - "Son of a Preacher Man" (Dusty Springfield):  When I saw the song spoilers today, I was hoping that Skylar was going to sing this one.  Hollie was not very good one this one.  The Powers That Be must be afraid that slamming Hollie will get Jessica kicked off again this week so they felt the need to lavish her with praise.

Colton - "September" (Earth Wind & Fire):  Colton must want to go home to choose DeAndre's song like that.  The rooster was not very good.  I am sure that the tweens will keep him out of the bottom three though.

Elise - "Let's Get It On" (Marvin Gaye):  I liked this better when she was sitting on the couch.  It kind of fell apart for me once she stood up. 

P Squared - "The Midnight Hour" (Wilson Pickett):  Woot woot! Phil Phil is in it to win it dawg! ...And he is so dang cute when he is blushing because of Jlo's comments.  Stephen pegged it perfectly.  He is brilliantly awkward.  :)

Jessica - "Try A Little Tenderness" (Otis Redding):  I so wanted Joshua to sing this one so I started off disappointed. 

Skylar - "Heard It Through The Grapevine" (Marvin Gaye):  I don't want to sound like one of the judges but this girl is ready right now!

Joshua - "A Change Is Gonna Come" (Sam Cooke):  Thank you Joshua Ledet for kicking Adam Lambert's booty with your performance of this tonight. 

Bottom 3 Prediction:  Elise, Colton and Jessica
Who Should Go Home:  Colton or Elise
Who Will Go Home:  Elise or Hollie

No comments:

Post a Comment