Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Season 11 - Top 6: Queen

Queen Songs

Not sure that I was a fan of the medley that started the show.  There were some good moments but overall it was kind of a hot mess (except for Elise and Skylar).

Jessica - "Bohemian Rhapsody":  I did not care for the arrangement of the song. I know that they had to fit it into 90 seconds but the transition to the "rock" part of the song was rough and she was off with the background singers and the music a couple of times during that portion.

Skylar - "The Show Must Go On":  To quote Steven, "that was fabulous".  Best performance of the first round of the show.  Hands down.

Joshua - "Crazy Little Thing Called Love":  Joshua screamed and screeched his way through this one and I wasn't loving it.  To be fair, he was at a definite disadvantage with the theme this week.  I was very confused why he got a standing ovation and Skylar didn't.  Guess we know who the judges really want to make the finale.  I am going to attempt to not let their pimping cause me to dislike him.  Their evil ploy could misfire and cause a backlash that will get him booted from the show.

Elise - "I Want It All":  This was in Elise's wheel house.  She is always really good when performing a pure rock song.  Funny how even though this is, according to Randy, her best performance to date she didn't even get within spitting distance of an ovation from the judges.

Phillip - "Fat Bottomed Girls":  Is it wrong to say that I preferred Bucky Covington's version (even though it got him kicked off)?

Hollie - "Save Me":  Is this irony or a prayer request?  Since she has been the recipient of much hateration over the past few weeks, I hope it was a prayer request.  It doesn't matter how well she sang the song, the judges know that she has got to go and they made sure that we know it as well.  It annoys me that Jlo spends so much time talking about singing when that is not really what she is known for.

Contestant Choice

Jessica - "Dance With My Father" (Luther Vandross):  I totally thought Joshua was going to sing this song and I kind of wish that he had.  It was a strong vocal, I suppose, but I still feel kind of, eh, when it comes to Jessica. 

Skylar - "Tattoos on This Town" (Jason Aldean):  Given how much I love Jason Aldean, I had high hopes for this one.  Skylar deliver another strong performance.  Go Skylar!

Joshua - "Ready for Love" (India.Arie):  Much better than his first song!  This performance actually deserved a standing O (not sure about calling the audience to their feet though) A LOT more than his first one.  If the judges aren't careful, the backlash will start this week which would be a shame. 

Elise - "Bold As Love" (Jimi Hendrix):  I thought Elise killed this song (in the good way).  Not sure what the judges, except for Jlo who was having a moment of clarity, were listening to but this was Elise's second strong performance of the night.

Phillip - "The Stone" (Dave Matthews Band):  Don't worry Ryan, P Squared is not trying to steal your girl (though she is in his age group).  Solid DMB cover and great job being hilarious during the video clips.

Hollie - "The Climb" (Miley Cyrus):  OMG, I almost fell out of my chair.  Hollie got a standing O?  What kind of reverse psychology is that?  It was all deserved because she was awesome with this one but I didn't think that she would ever feel the love from them again since they have been over her for weeks now.

Best - Skylar and Elise
Worst - Jessica and Joshua (Queen songs)
Should Go Home - Based on tonight... Jessica or Joshua
Will Go Home - Probably Hollie or Elise

No comments:

Post a Comment