Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Season 11 - Top 7: Songs from this Decade

This week I am only giving a quick note on each performance.  Sorry guys!  Don't know what is wrong with me this season but I am just not that into it.  Maybe it is the blatant manipulation each week but I am definitely not as into it this year as I usually am.

Skylar - "Didn't You Know How Much I Loved You" (Kellie Pickler):  Skylar killed this song.  What a great way to start the show.

Colton - "I Love The Way You Lie" (Skylar Grey):  This was not very good to me.  He was singing through his nose again this week and, to be honest, it was a litte whiny. 

Elise and Phillip - "Someone I Used To Know" (Gotye):  I loved this. 

Jessica - "Stuttering" (Jazmine Sullivan):  Didn't really do anything for me.  She needs to work on enunciating her words and not just making noises when she sings.

Joshua - "Runaway Baby" (Bruno Mars):  This was Joshua's best performance of the season for me.  I am so glad that he didn't "take it to church" this week.

Skylar and Colton: "Don't You Want To Stay" (Jason Aldean and Kelly Clarkson):  I don't know why the powers that be insist on putting these two together for duets.  I just don't think that they blend well.  Colton's voice is too soft and he is drowned out by the power of Skylar's voice.  Not that it is always a bad thing since it covers up the nasally whine of Colton's voice.

Hollie - "Perfect" (Pink):  I thought Hollie redeemed herself this week.  I love Pink and this song and she did a good job with it.  Nigel's memo is that she has to go so she got the "you look beautiful" treatment.

P Squared - "Get A Little More" (Maroon 5):  As someone who detests the music of Maroon 5 and thinks that Adam Levine can't sing, I was not familiar with this song.  While I avoid all things Maroon 5, I would listen to his version.  :)  Jlo and her posse disagree with me.  I don't know what game the judges are playing but I don't like it and if this is how the show is going to be then I won't need to watch it next year.

Hollie, Joshua and Jessica - "Stronger" (Kelly Clarkson):  I hope that Joshua's fans throw Hollie some love this week since they are best friends.  Jessica is never good when singing with someone else and she wasn't good with this either. 

Elise - "You and I" (Lady Gaga):  This was a big risk for Elise since Haley killed this song last year.  She technically sang it okay but it paled in comparison to what Haley had done and for that reason she should have picked something else.  Nigel must want Elise to make it through to next week.  What is interesting is how the judges slammed this song as not being very good last year when Haley sang it but this year it is a "great" song.  Whatever.

Best
Skylar and Joshua

Worst
Colton, Jessica and Elise

Should Go Home:  It will never happen but I vote for Colton.  After him, it would be Elise based on this week's performances.

Will Go Home:  Hollie

No comments:

Post a Comment