Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Season 10: Top 12 Girls

Ta-Tynisa Wilson:  "Only Girl In The World" --  I missed this performance since I was late getting home from work but based on what I saw during the recap that was a really good thing.  Rihanna she is not.

Naima Adedapo: "Summertime" -- This was completely different from the Fantasia version which is smart because that wouldn't have worked.  I have liked Naima since the early rounds and hope that she makes it through.

Kendra Chantelle:  "Impossible" -- The song was a little boring but she sang it really well.  Will she stand out enough to get to the next round?

Rachel Zevita:  "Criminal" --  This was unrecognizable from the Fiona Apple version in a really, really bad way.  She made this too much of her own.  She should definitely not make it through to the next round.

Karen Rodriguez:  "Hero" -- I liked her better in the earlier rounds.  Something about her performance tonight rubbed me wrong.  It was a decent vocal but I didn't like how she kept switching from English to Spanish.  I preferred the Spanish parts of the song since it made it seem like less of a Mariah song.

Lauren Turner: "Seven Day Fool" -- I don't know that I love this song but she has a really powerful bluesy voice that should get her to the next round.

Ashthon Jones: "Love All Over Me" --  Ashthon has the strongest stage presence of any of the female contestants.  Again, I don't know if I am a fan of the song but she gave a strong vocal performance.

Julie Zorrilla: "Breakaway" -- Can you say disaster?  I really liked Julie in the earlier rounds but this was a mess.  I don't see any way that she can make it through after this.  Leave Kelly Clarkson alone people!  You will always pale in comparison!

Haley Reinhart: "Fallin'" -- She growled her way through Alicia Keys like she was really believing it.  It wasn't bad but it wasn't anywhere near the best either.

Thia Megia: "Out Here On My Own" -- This was the first time that I have heard Thia sing well.  It was perfectly sung.  Based on this performance she should probably make it through but I don't know that she has shown us enough to prove her spot if you take all of her performances into consideration.

Lauren Alaina:  "On The Radio" -- This is not a difficult song to sing but she did a solid job with it.  The thing that bothers me about Lauren is that I always get the impression that I am watching the talent portion of a beauty pageant when she is on stage.  I definitely think that she will make it through.  I did love it when she called Ryan "Peaches" and I think it might stick.  ;)

Pia Toscado:  "I'll Stand By You" -- I don't really even know why but I just really didn't think this was as spectacular as the judges did.  I am not saying that it was bad but....

Should Make It Through:
Ashthon, Lauren Turner, Lauren Alaina, Kendra and Naima

No comments:

Post a Comment