Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Season 9 Top 24 Boys Night

After a very lukewarm Ladies night, I had hopes that the boys would deliver. For the most part, it didn't happen. I can only hope that they will get better over the next few weeks.

Todrick Hall ("Since U Been Gone" - Kelly Clarkson): He definitely changed this to fit his style but I definitely do not care for it. He is much better at the sing-song staccato part of the song (though not good) but the chorus was ugly. I never want to hear this again - ever!

Aaron Kelly ("Here Comes Goodbye" - Rascal Flatts): Even though I was against Aaron making it into the top 24 since he kept forgetting his words during Hollywood week, I give him bonus points for singing a song written by a former South Carolina Idol, Chris Sligh. There were some wonky notes but overall it wasn't bad. He doesn't sing through his nose like Gary LeVox which is a HUGE improvement on the original. One of the better performances of the night.

Jermaine Sellers ("Get Here" - Oleta Adams): Breathy and not good. "Under the bus" boy should just go.

Tim Urban ("Apologize" - One Republic): Horrid song with bad falsetto singing. There had to be someone else with more talent that they could've brought back instead of Tim. He will join Jermaine in saying "bye-bye" this week.

Joe Munoz ("You and I Both" - Jason Mraz): The beginning was a little rough due to nerves but as he settled in he was pretty darn good. My mom pointed out that he looks a little like Archuletta grown up a bit. I agree. We were waiting for the lip licking but he was able to resist. :)

Tyler Grady ("American Woman"): Why would he pick this song? It did not do him any favors. The positive for him was that he didn't have to memorize a lot of words (and I think he was stoned so that might have been difficult). If he doesn't get better immediately then his time on Idol may be short lived.

Lee Dewyze ("Chasing Cars" - Snow Patrol): There were good moments and bad. I think he could be pretty good with the right song. I agree that he should find something a little more rocking for next week. His problem is that he is not very dynamic so if he doesn't put together a stronger performance then he will fade into the background. I really like his voice so I am rooting for him.

John Park ("God Bless The Child"): When I hear this song I always remember Mikalah Gordon from Season 4 for some reason. He has a good voice but this was not the way to showcase that. Boring.

Michael Lynche ("This Love" - Maroon 5): The voice is just not there. It is weak. I don't care how good the backstory is -- some people just shouldn't get through. Michael - put the baby away already! We are over it.

Alex Lambert ("Wonderful World" - James Morrison): Alex has a good voice but this was not comfortable to watch since he looked like a deer in the headlights. If he can work on his stage presence then he could get farther in this competition. He deserves to make it at least a few more rounds for putting up with Crazy Mary during Hollywood week.

Casey James ("Heaven" - Bryan Adams): I like that he started the song stripped down with just his guitar. I am not sure about the quiver in his voice but he did a solid job with it and was much better than most of the other men tonight.

Andrew Garcia ("Sugar We're Going Down" - Fall Out Boy): He changed this song to fit the acoustic guitar but I don't understand why he would have picked this song to do this to. It isn't very good to start with so his version just came across as a boring mess. I think that he could be better but we will just have to wait and see.

Top 4
Aaron Kelly, Joe Munoz, Lee Dewyze, and Casey James

Reserving Judgement On
Alex Lambert

Bottom 7
Todrick Hall, Jermaine Sellers, Tim Urban, Tyler Grady, Michael Lynche, John Park, and Andrew Garcia

Who I think is going home
Tim Urban and Jermaine Sellers or Todrick Hall

No comments:

Post a Comment