Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Top 4 - Movie Songs and Duets

I decided to take a page from Jamie Foxx and rate each performance based on artist/contestant. The show was not bad overall but it was kind of pointless since we have already been told that there will be a Crystal/Lee finale and Mike will be in the top 3. Bye Casey. It's been nice knowing you.

Lee DeWyze: ("Kiss From A Rose") Why in the world would he pick this song? I love Lee but he is not exactly known for his expansive vocal range. Everything but the chorus was a hot mess. This performance: Contestant

Ego Mike: ("Will You Be There") The ego is so big that Mike thinks he can pull of Michael Jackson? Puleeze! Mike said that his goal is to make the top 3. Well, Mike, my goal and ultimate birthday wish is that you go home like you should have weeks ago. Simon, I know you are a pimp that will do anything for money but for some crazy reason I expect better from you than pimping this cheesy, lip licking douche bag with mediocre at best vocals. Ugh! As always: Contestant that should not have made it this far!

Lee & Crystal: ("Falling Slowly") This was awesome! They are so good together. Crystal makes Lee so much better that they should consider forming a duo and recording together. This was just as good as Kris Allen's version just a little different. I can't wait to download this! Together: Artists.

Casey James: ("Mrs. Robinson") I am not a fan of the contestants being placed among the Swaybots (and Casey seemed unnerved by it as well). This was one of the best solo performances of the night not that it mattered beacause the judges had predetermined that Ego must make the top 3 so Casey has to go. This is called throwing someone under the bus, boys and girls. I will download this as well. Tonight: Artist

Crystal: ("I'm Alright") The other good solo performance of the night. This was not my favorite Crystal performance for the entire season but it was really solid. I disagree with Simon that Crystal is back in the game...she was never out of the game, Simon. Tonight: Artist

Casey/Ego: (Have You Ever Really Loved a Woman?) I firmly believe that Ego picked this song and Casey deserves bonus points for getting stuck with this loser. Casey played a mean guitar for this and his vocals were pretty good as well except for a few bum notes. Casey: Artist, Ego: Contestant

The Best
Casey - solo
Lee/Crystal - Duet

The Worst
Lee - solo
Ego - solo

The Rest
Crystal - solo
Casey/Ego - duet

I need a miracle people! Let's all think positive thoughts that Ego will go home and Casey will make it to the top 3. Help me out here! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment