Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Season 11 - Top 10: Songs of Billy Joel

DeAndre - "Only The Good Die Young":  I will give him credit for trying but this was the cheesiest thing that we have seen all season.  He may be a little too young and naive to get this song.  He seems like a sweet kid but I am over it.

Erica - "New York State of Mind":  I could not love the hair more and it was the perfect complement to her beautiful tone this week.  No over singing or screeching -- just a beautiful melody.  Great job!

Joshua - "She's Got A Way":  This just didn't work for me.  I am not sure if it was the song choice, the changes to the melody or if, like J Lo implied, it was a result of Joshua not having enough life experience to "get" this song.  I know that Steven spent most of the 70's and 80's stoned and drunk but there is no way that he has never heard this song before.

Skylar - "Shameless":  One of my favorite Garth Brooks songs and Skylar held her own with it.  She was a little pitchy and out of breath while walking the crowd during her performance.  She was obviously coached to do this as Elise did the exact same thing during the next performance.

Elise - "Vienna":  She looked her best tonight (not to sound like Paula) and she killed this song right up until the run at the end (not a fan).  Of course, Randy "I've never met a run that I didn't like" Jackson, loved it.  I am glad that they tried to soften Elise a little by bringing her students up on stage.  She has had a rocky start so far and needed the extra help.

Phillip - "Movin' Out":  What can I say?  He put the Phil Phil in it and it was good.

Hollie - "Honesty":   I will admit that this was a little boring to watch but I thought that Hollie sang it well.  I didn't get the judges criticism of her voice.  Were they trying to "create" room for growth as the season progresses?

HALEY!!!!  :)

Heejun - "My Life":  I think that I may be a little in love with Heejun.  It definitely had some issues but I absolutely loved this performance and his cracks at Diddy.  What a way to come back at the judges after a horrid week last week.  He is not in the top 8 singers that are left on the show but he certainly entertained me this week.  Loved it!  He is the Vote For The Worst pick for his message to The Powers That Be.

Jessica - "Everybody Has A Dream":  It is amazing how much she sounds like JHud. She did a great job of picking a song that really spoke to her so deeply that she could feel it and those feelings would translate to the audience.  It was beautiful.  :)

Colton - "Piano Man":  Colton got the pimp spot and all the staging that goes with it.  It had great potential but I thought that it went a little too slow which made it a little boring for me.  It was one of his best but then I am not usually a big fan of his.

Best - Jessica, Elise, and Hollie 
Worst - DeAndre 
Who Should Go Home? DeAndre
Who Will Go Home?  I am afraid that it will be Erica or Elise since they are not in the right demographic to get the tween vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment