Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Idol Rant 4.4.07

I would like to start by apologizing for the very negative slant that this is going to take. Tony Bennett week was a disaster overall and really quite boring. I don't know what I will do with my life once Idol ends for good (how sad is that?) but I truly believe that this year marks the beginning of the end. After the talent of last season and the record number of album releases from that bunch, I expected better this year. I blame the judges. Maybe Simon and the gang are sick of working a few months per year so they decided the quickest way to get a permanent vacation was to pick the most lifeless bunch of morons they could find to compete on this years show. Now, before you all start arguing with me, I will admit that there are a couple of good singers in the bunch but everyone else is mediocre at best.

The Best: Jordin, who was awesome and the only performance of the night that didn't either bore me to tears or make me want to rip off my own ears. She has proven that she can sing ANY type of music and sing it well. She is my favorite to win. If she is kicked off before Sanjaya then I am going to follow the lead of someone else I know and vote Sanjaya until he wins the whole thing.

Everyone Else: I am not picking the worst this week since I thought every other contestant was bad or boring.

Blake: His song was sung better by John Stevens a few years ago. Yes, I said John Stevens. Why do the judges insist on calling everything that he sings hip and current? Guess what Simon? He is boring and really can't dance. As a matter of fact someone should staple him to the floor so that he can't make those lame dance moves week after week. Maybe if he stood still his voice would sound better. I am currently debating whether he looks more like a serial killer or a child molester.

Phil: Not good and boring. Someone predicted that this could be his week to go. They may be right.

Melinda: Yet another week where Melinda Doo gets to perform her very own Broadway show. Even when the theme doesn't lend itself to Broadway she manages to find a way (Gwen Stefani week). Between "Aw Shucks" and Broadway, I have just about had enough. In previous seasons the judges have crucified contestants for having this sound (Clay Aiken anyone?) but God forbid they would ever criticize her. Can she sing? Yes. Will she be a successful Idol if they continue to build her up so that she wins? No. They hitched their wagon to Reuben too and that didn't get them any royalties from record sales, did it?

Chris: The white light pimp look at the very beginning lead me to believe that this week I would get to see something cool from him. I was wrong. He whined through the entire song. He seems to be a nice kid and all but he needs to drop the Justin Timberlake impersonation.

Gina: Gina, please don't take your dressing cues from Haley. She needs the short skirts because she can't sing at all. You don't have to skank out for votes if you pick the right songs and perform them well. You are better than that.

Sanjaya: How much did they have to pay Tony Bennett to say nice things about him? I also was dumbfounded when Sanjaya welcomed Simon to the Universe of Sanjaya. What? When is some wacko going to do us all a favor and take this kid out?

Haley: Yet another pageant performance with "assets" on display. Ugh!

Lakisha: Though this was my favorite look for her, I found the performance lackluster. Like Melinda, she is a one trick pony.

Prediction: Bottom 3 will be Lakisha, Haley, and Phil. Lakisha or Phil will go home. Please let it be Lakisha. I am not going to predict Haley or Sanjaya to go in hopes that it will happen despite me. :)

DialIdol Results:
TOP 3: Melinda, Phil, Sanjaya
BOTTOM 3: Gina, Lakisha, Haley












Vote Joey and Kym on Dancing with the Stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment