Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Top 6 - Shania Twain Week

Shania Twain week offered a few surprises for me. A contestant that I didn't think could ever do any wrong had a mis-step and another that I was done with impressed me with his performance. Maybe this season isn't as easy to predict as I thought it was.

Lee: ("You're Still The One") Shania was right when she encouraged Lee to start with the almost acoustic verse. Unlike the judges, I enjoyed the beginning and ending better than the middle (on which he was shouting a little) but I enjoyed him overall.

Big Mike: ("It Only Hurts When I'm Breathing") I completely left Mike off of my review last week so I guess I wasn't overly impressed (and neither were most of you because only 3 people caught it and brought it to my attention). I wasn't all that impressed this week either. It wasn't all that special before he ended with the dreaded falsetto note which is guaranteed to get you on my Worst list. I was also offended on behalf of Luther Vandross when Ellen and Simon compared Mike to him. He wished that he had even a portion of Luther's talent and vocals. Please do me a favor and hit the road this week.

Casey: ("Don't") My favorite performance of the night. I had written Casey off but he is just so darned good when playing the acoustic and singing from the heart ("Jealous Guy") and he even left out the goat!

Crystal: ("No One Needs To Know Right Now") I didn't get her performance this week. It started wrong and never got on track. I still love Crystal but this just wasn't for her and was all over the place. I must give a shout out to someone that I know who has done a much better job with this song on an amateur level... Leslie Netta back when she was still Leslie Starnes. :)

Aaron: ("It's In The Way You Love Me") Aaron was solid this week because he stuck to a song that is perfect for him. It was also really sweet that he was singing it for his Mom for all she has done for him.

Siobhan: ("Any Man of Mine") I had high hopes for this one but it just couldn't live up to my expectations. It was all over the place and the screech followed by the bad note was almost a perfect ending to the disaster that was this performance.

The Best
Casey
Lee
Aaron

The Worst
Mike
Siobhan
Crystal

I hope that Big Mike gets the boot on the results show this week. The producers owe me the result that I want in payment for having to sit through 2 performances by the worst singer in country music, Gary LeVox of Rascal Flatts. Another thing, how in the world did Shakira end up performing on the results show for country week? She is many things but she is not country.

No comments:

Post a Comment