Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Top 9 Part Deux - Elvis

I have been dreading the show this week since the Screech mentoring session rumors started. Adam didn't blow me away as a judge but he had better advice then Gwen Stefani. See, I can be nice to him. Now, if only we didn't have to sit through one of his performances on the results show. Ugh!

Crystal Bowersox: ("Saved") I got home late and missed Crystal's performance so I am judging her based only upon the recap from the end of the show. It seemed pretty good, more of the same. I think I would have preferred it if she had chosen a different song this week. Elvis had a ton of hit songs -- I don't know why she couldn't have found something else.


Andrew Garcia: ("Hound Dog") First, Ryan should stop asking him questions prior to his performances as he just doesn't have anything interesting to say. This boring, toneless version of the song didn't do Andrew any favors. It granted him a place as one of the two contestants to go. I am more than ready to say goodbye.


Tim Urban: ("Can't Help Falling In Love") Timmeh! Wow! Timmy has just about completely won me over. He has been so much better for the past two weeks while playing the guitar. He should never perform without it again. I have almost been able to put "Apologize" out of my memory. Almost. I also applaud Tim for not taking Screech's advice about the falsetto at the end. The falsetto should always be left out of a performance. Go Timmeh!


Lee DeWyze: ("A Little Less Conversation") I loved the acoustic start. Lee was very solid this week -- one of his best and one of my favorites this season.

Aaron Kelly: ("Blue Suede Shoes") I appreciate that Aaron attempted to step out of his ballad comfort zone this week but even he knew that it really didn't work. Aaron may be too young and inexperienced for Idol. He hasn't grown week over week and just doesn't have what it takes to stick around. He will more than likely join Andrew in going home this week.

Siobhan Magnus: ("Suspicious Minds") There is no arguing that Siobhan is a talented singer with a beautiful voice but she seems to be struggling to pull together a completely wonderful performance of the right song. The beginning of this was not very good but it got much better towards the middle (even with the scream). Not my favorite from her but much better than her Chaka Khan from a few weeks ago.

Michael Lynche: ("In The Ghetto") Siobhan helped Mike find this song which he seemed to have never heard before. I am not sure how that is possible but whatever. She should have kept it for herself. The beginning of the song was okay until he busted out the falsetto and I lost interest. Like Tim, he should only perform with a guitar on all future performances.

Katie Stevens: ("Baby What Do You Want Me To Do") I was not impressed. There were worse performers than Katie which may save her for another week but I am over her and ready for her to go. She should be thanking Andrew and Aaron for hooking her up this week.

Casey James: ("Lawdy Miss Clawdy") Casey did not take advantage of the pimp spot this week. His performance was nothing special and he brought back the goat vibrato which I decided it just unacceptable if he is not singing softly. He won't be in danger of being sent home because he is "cute" but he can't get by on that forever.

The Best
Tim (!), Lee

The Worst
Andrew, Aaron, Katie

The Rest
Crystal, Siobhan, Michael, Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment