Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Top 7 - Songs That Are Supposed To Inspire Us

This theme week is usually pretty lame each season and this year did not give us anything that we weren't expecting. Someone needs to completely overhaul the themes for this show before it completely self destructs (oh, wait. I think that has already gotten a pretty good start.) We need new themes people! Watching the Madonna episode of Glee last night made me long for a Material Girl theme week. :)

Casey James: ("Don't Stop" - Fleetwood Mac) Casey was consistent this week. He has definitely settled in to what he is going to do and doesn't really seem all that interested in what the judges have to say anymore. It was a decent performance, I guess, but nothing special. Tim will save him this week.

Lee DeWyze: ("The Boxer" - Simon & Garfunkel) A couple of bad notes but really pretty good overall. He has grown week to week and I felt he connected more this week with the audience. I would buy a cd from him. :)

Tim Urban: ("Better Days" - Goo Goo Dolls) The first half was very rough and all over the place but Tim got a little better about half way through. I thought that Aaron was going to do Tim a favor and throw himself on the going home spike with "I Believe I Can Fly" but...

Aaron Kelly: ("I Believe I Can Fly" - R. Kelly) I must admit that I am not a fan of this song or the original recording artist. I detest it actually. When I saw the song spoiler list, I thought this was it for Aaron but he surprised me. There were some wonky notes but that is expected with this kind of song. He may be in the bottom 3 but I don't think he will get sent home.

Siobhan Magnus: ("When You Believe" - Whitney/Mariah) I am not a fan of this song, or the movie that it is from, either. I thought that Siobhan took a large step towards getting her act together this week. She has been off since the Chaka Khan song and has been stumbling around trying to find her way. The notes were good so I am confused as to why the judges found her lacking.

Crystal Bowersox: ("People Get Ready" - The Impressions ) Crystal returned to the pimp spot this week for which I was prepared to criticize the producers. Needless to say she deserved the pimp spot and didn't waste her opportunity. The acoustic opening was beautiful and she maintained that feeling throughout the song to the end when she lost it and tried to make all of us cry along with her. Wonderful!

The Best
Crystal, Siobhan, Lee

The Worst
Tim

The Rest
Casey, Aaron, Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment