Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Season 9 Top 16 Boys Night

Lee Dewyze: ("Fireflies"-Owl City) I was terrified when I read that Lee would be singing this on the song spoilers on Vote for the Worst. It was a little rough in the middle but I enjoyed it overall. Since this song is a product of overproduction, it didn't really help Lee to stand out though, despite replacing the keyboard with a guitar. Bad singing from some of the other contestants helped with that.

Alex Lambert: ("Trouble" - Ray LaMontagne) It started off shaky (nerves?) but he pulled it together. Alex has a great voice but he need A LOT of work on his stage presence. At some point he is going to have to get the nerves under control or he will crumble under the pressure of the show. I like him and hope that he is able to get it together.

Tim Urban: ("Hallelujah" - Jeff Buckley) Tim showed improvement tonight on all but the chorus of the song. I still don't think he has what it takes to make it to the Top 12 but then the VFTW people may push him through. Jason Castro did this song much better.


Andrew Garcia: ("Genie In A Bottle" - Christina Aguilera) Is Andrew trying to get kicked off or should he have never been put through in the first place? He was bad again this week (actually this was probably his worst yet)! Kara may be right that he peaked too early (did I just agree with crazy brainless Kara?). Worst of the night, hands down, no one else was close.

Casey James: ("You'll Think of Me" - Keith Urban) I guess it was okay. He didn't really sing for most of the song. At least he left the Carmen Rasmussen goat vibrato backstage this week.

Aaron Kelly: ("I'm Already There" - Lonestar) His voice was super shaky at the beginning due to nerves but it got better in the chorus. Aaron seems to suffer from the same confidence/presence problems as Alex (though Alex has a better voice). I did enjoy it when Simon laid the verbal beat down on Kara, though.

Todrick Hall: ("Somebody to Love" - Queen) Why? Honestly, I don't mean to harp but Todrick and Jermaine Sellers should have never been put through in the first place. Jermaine was finally shown the door and I can't wait for the same thing to happen to Todrick. Jermaine Purefoy should have had either of their spots. He has actual talent. I guess this was good for him but it just wasn't good enough. My friend Kim thinks that he was channeling Adam "Screech" Lambert. I agree, but Adam actually sings better (it truly pains me to say this) and I don't like the way he sings either.

Big Mike: ("This Woman's Work" - Maxwell) This is not really my cup of tea but I was impressed with Mike. I had no idea that he could hit these kinds of notes. Everything he has done before this was no where in the vicinity. I still don't understand why Kara was reduced to a blubbering idiot but I blame it on the alcohol.

Top 6 - I Hope
Alex Lambert
Lee Dewyze
Big Mike
Casey James
Aaron Kelly

Going Home? (I am completely torn people)
Todrick Hall
Andrew Garcia
Tim Urban

No comments:

Post a Comment