Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Top 12 - Rolling Stones

I have been dreading the Top 12 performances since I heard that they would be singing the songs of The Rolling Stones. Unfortunately, I was right and the people that I expected to be bad were for the most part.

Michael Lynche: ("Miss You") It wasn't the worst thing that I have heard this season (that would be "Landslide" by Lacey Brown) but I wasn't impressed by his performance. I also must disagree with Kara that he had the "Jagger swagger". He was bouncing from foot to foot like Barney or the Teletubbies.

Didi Benami: ("Play With Fire") Didi was not perfect but she managed to pull through almost butchering the words twice. I was actually surprised that she was able to pull this off. I thought she would really struggle this week.

Casey James: ("All Over Now") My favorite performance from him so far. He is believeable with the guitar and this type of song. I much prefer the scratchy rocker voice to the goat vibrato. His mom looks like Peggy Bundy.

Lacey Brown: ("Ruby Tuesday") Lacey lived up to my expectations of her performance. It wasn't good and I can't believe she is still on this show. Katelyn was robbed! I should have known that Lacey wasn't going to be any good as soon as they said she was from Amarillo. My brother and I went through there once. Believe me, it is not worth a stop. Keep going until you get to Arizona.

Andrew Garcia: ("Gimme Shelter") Andrew was bad yet again. He has no depthh to his performances. This was proof that Alex Lambert should not have been sent home last week.

Katie Stevens: ("Wild Horses") The opening verse was actually pretty good and then she went into the chorus and it descended into a pitchy hot mess.

Tim Urban: ("Under My Thumb") He is boring and the reggae thing just didn't work. Yet another guy that should have been sent home instead of Alex Lambert. He is the Vote For The Worst pick so he may be safe.

Siobhan Magnus: ("Paint It Black") This was one of two performances that I was looking forward to this week and...Damn! That was good. Kara and Simon were completely off base in comparing her to Adam Lambert. That cretin isn't fit to lick the bottom of her shoe!

Lee DeWyze: ("Beast of Burden") This was not a difficult arrangement but he did a good job with it. Lee should not be concerned by Simon's comment. He told David Cook that he didn't have enough charisma to win and be a star around this same point in season 7.

Paige Miles: ("Honky Tonk Woman") This was the best performance from Paige yet this season. It was much better than last week. I am not sure about the outfit though. She looked like a camp counselor but was singing about being a honky tonk woman. I was confused.

Aaron Kelly: ("Angie") The beginning of the song was very shaky and not very good. About the time that I was ready to write him off, my dad suggested that I not look at him while he is singing. It worked! He sounds much better when you don't look at him. ;)

Crystal Bowersox: ("You Can't Always Get What You Want") The other performance that I was looking forward to... and as expected... it was awesome! She took the Stones to church. Her dad almost made me cry. I love her.

The Best
Siobhan, Crystal, Casey

The Worst
Lacey (she sang about "goodbye" hopefully she will get gone. Finally!), Tim, Katie

The Rest
Lee, Aaron, Michael, Andrew, Paige, Didi

2 comments:

  1. I must be shallow because I just kept thinking about everyone's hair. Siobhan, please get rid of those two blond ringlets. Casey, wash your hair immediately. Katie, are you wearing extensions or is your hair that thick? I hate you. Aaron, you hair is stupid. And your mom's name is Kelly Kelly.

    As for the judges, Randy brings the confusing, Ellen brings the cute, Kara brings the "Shut up, I hate you," and Simon actually seemed to bring some effort the first time in two seasons (even though he was off base, a lot).

    ReplyDelete