Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Season 9 Top 20 Ladies Night

I had a horrible day at work today so I really needed the girls to bring it. I should have known that I was asking too much. I will say that at least none of the girls are pompous jerks like a few of the male contestants.

Crystal Bowersox: ("Long As I Can See Light" - CCR) They had to save Ladies night until Crystal could perform. She set the bar high early and all the other girls just tried to live up to it. No one reached her level but a few got close. BOW-ER-SOX!!

Haeley Vaughn: ("The Climb" - Miley Cyrus) Poor Haeley. This song was too much for her. She should have picked another artist (dare I suggest Taylor Swift?). It started out okay but quickly fell apart. I think Haeley may just be too young and she definitely needs some vocal training to help her control her voice.

Lacey Brown: ("Kiss Me" - Sixpence None The Richer) Again this week, Lacey proved that having a "unique" voice does not mean that you should be a recording artist. It was better than last week, barely, but last week she was sooooo bad. She made Megan Joy look good. Again. You know how that pains me if you were reading last year.

Katie Stevens: ("Put Your Records On" - Corrine Bailey Rae) Katie has a good voice but is falling victim to her inexperience. She tried to take the advice of the judges and go with something more current but she still came across as old and slightly boring. She just tries too hard.

Didi Benami: ("Lean On Me" - Bill Withers) Didi has a good, clear voice but this was just not the right song. She needs to stop trying to do just what the judges tell her and perform what she wants so that she is more comfortable. I spent most of the song trying to figure out just what she should sing next but I came up with nothing. Any ideas?

Michelle Delamor: ("Arms Wide Open" - Creed) I get what Michelle was trying to do with this but it didn't completely work. The beginning was really good but once she took the mic off the stand it got a little wobbly and then it nosedived into screeching at the end.

Lilly Scott: ("A Change is Gonna Come" - Sam Cooke) Shocker! I preferred her version to that of Adam Lambert. She is one of the better girls so far. She is interesting but she kind of gets lost as the "other" indie artist next to Crystal.

Katelyn Epperly: ("The Scientist" - Coldplay) Katelyn was really strong again this week. I was obviously completely wrong about her. She has gotten better each week so far. If she keeps it up she should go far.

Paige Miles: ("Walk Away" - Kelly Clarkson) I want Paige to take advice from her song and just get gone. During the middle of the song, she quit even trying to sing the words and started making noises. Simon, you were so wrong last week when you said that she had the strongest voice in the competition, and I think you know that now.

Siobhan Magnus: ("Think" - Aretha Franklin) Siobhan is a talented singer but I actually preferred her performance last week to this one. She should stop taking advice from the judges and just do her own thing. The big note at the end was amazing though.

Best
BOW-ER-SOX
Katelyn Epperly
Siobhan Magnus
Lilly Scott

Worst
Lacey Brown
Haeley Vaughn
Paige Miles

The Rest
Katie Stevens
Didi Benami
Michelle Delamor

No comments:

Post a Comment