Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Season 9 Top 16 Ladies Night

Katie Stevens: ("Breakaway" - Kelly Clarkson) Katie seems like a sweet girl but she just doesn't have the chops to attempt Kelly Clarkson. Didn't she learn anything from Paige Miles? The beginning of the song was flat and then when she got to the chorus it was shrill and off key. Bad choice for her.

Siobhan Magnus: ("House of the Rising Sun" - Animals) Wow! Beautiful. One of the best performances of the night. I am not sure what Simon's deal was. Reverse psychology? This was much better than last week to me (though that note was impressive).

Lacey Brown: ("The Story" - Brandi Carlisle) I LOVE this song and it is no secret that I can't wait for Lacey to get kicked off the show (why is she still here?). This was the best she has been since the voting started but I credit the song. She should still go home. Please.

Katelyn Epperly: ("I Feel The Earth Move" - Carole King) She had the Carole King hair but this week was a little bit of a let down for me. I will admit that I am biased when it comes to this song as well because I have never really cared for it. Hopefully Katelyn will still make the Top 12 because she is one of the most talented of the ladies.

Didi Benami: ("Rhiannon" - Fleetwood Mac) She took the advice of the judges and brought the guitar this week. Much improved over last week. It was really pretty but I thought the beginning was a little slow. I have liked Didi since the auditions but I am still waiting for another standout week.

Paige Miles: ("Smile") Paige bought her ticket home tonight. She was singing about smiling but she looked like she didn't know whether she wanted to cry or run screaming from the stage. The judges keep insisting that she is a really talented singer but, unfortunately, she just hasn't been able to get it together yet.

Crystal Bowersox: ("One Reason" - Tracy Chapman) Crystal is like Janis Joplin reborn. She also has a way of taking a song, no matter how well known, and making it sound like her own. I hope that the judges will not cause her downfall by continuing to heap the praise on her each week. I know that she has been good every week and has deserved it but we all know that too much praise can turn the tide of the audience very quickly on this show.

Lilly Scott: ("I Fall To Pieces" - Patsy Cline) Lilly tried to make this her own but she just can't live up to Patsy Cline. I think that she should make it through to the Top 12 but she needs to watch being a one trick pony. All of her songs are starting to sound the same and she will not last long if she doesn't figure out how to expand her horizons.

Through to Top 12
Crystal Bowersox
Siobhan Magnus
Didi Benami
Katelyn Epperly
Lilly Scott
Katie Stevens

Going Home
Lacey Brown
Paige Miles (she and Katie could trade places)

No comments:

Post a Comment